An essential time capsule of Townes Van Zandt acoustic performances.
A re-imagined collection available on vinyl for the first time in the USA. Includes classic Townes Van Zandt songs, 'If I Needed You', 'Pancho & Lefty', 'Waiting Round To Die', and 'I'll Be Here in The Morning', (duet with Barb Donovan). Include digital download containing bonus interview tracks with KUT's Larry Monroe. From the liner notes by Harold Eggers Jr.: 'These recordings are as close to the bone of Townes as you can get. They give the listener a very unique and detailed insight into and overview of his songwriting, music, and life as no other. Townes often made light of the dark, living in the shadows more than not. This album and Townes spoken words (bonus tracks) are significant because Townes personally chose each track, and in his own words revealed the private person and singer/songwriter/artist he was. These recordings and spoken words were very important to Townes for the world to hear his music and life story as he lived it, as told from the man himself.'
- Waitin' Round to Die (Acoustic Live)
- Tecumseh Valley (Acoustic Live)
- If I Needed You (Acoustic Live)
- Pancho & Lefty (Acoustic Live)
- Blaze's Blues (Acoustic Live)
- Somebody Had to Write It (Acoustic Live)
- Marie (Acoustic Live)
- The Hole (Acoustic Live)
- Cowboy Junkies Lament (Acoustic Live)
- Brand New Companion (Acoustic Live)
- I'll Be Here in the Morning (Acoustic Live)